Thursday, July 3, 2008

Getting around in NZ.....

Originally we were thinking of renting motorcycles and touring around New Zealand that way. So last year I went to motorcycle school. Yep I passed. (Sorry Mom and Dad if you are reading this...I forgot to mention that...lol). I bought a beater bike and was trying it out - Seattle is a bit scary on a BIKE!

So as the date grew closer I started searching around for rentals on motorcycles. I was floored when I saw the prices! $100-250 usd per day!!!!! Holy crap! That was just for one bike.....so I looked into buying 2 bikes....the red tape, the red tape. We were both shocked at how expensive motorcycling would be when factoring in all the equipment, tents, the occasional hotel etc.

Back to the drawing board. How about an RV rental? So away I went back to the laptop....what did we do before computers? (side note Bill Gates just retired)

I stumbled upon this website for Kea Campers and we decided to go with this rental van that has a bathroom ~definitely a plus.

No comments: